MANDATE OF THE UGANDA CATHOLIC MEDICAL BUREAU
It has the following Mission: “Enabling all for Faithfulness to the Mission of the Church in the Healing Ministry”
It has the following functions:
Service oriented functions
- Offering services in view of improving managerial, administrative, fiscal, legal capacities of Catholic Health Services either directly through is own staff or through purchased expertise
- Gathering and managing data/information in view of proving the relevance, cost efficiency / effectiveness and the social orientation of Catholic health services
- Gathering and disseminating relevant information for Catholic health services
- Facilitate the establishment of fora of common discussion, learning, collaboration, exchange of experience, identification of common problems and priorities.
Environment oriented functions
- Advocating/lobbying for the Catholic health Services in front of Government, Private for Profit, International Agencies and Donor Community
- Representing Catholic health services before and liaising with Government
- Co-operating with Government in areas of health policy development, planning, quality assurance, training, etc.
Intra institutional functions (Catholic)
- Facilitate the work of the Health Commission and of the Annual General Assembly
- Present to the Episcopal Conference and to the Ordinaries points of action required by the established policies highlight areas of non-compliance of Episcopal Conference/Ordinaries/Units with established policies and standards.
Read full text in the Mission Statement and Policy of Catholic Health Services in Uganda