VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT AT KAROLI LWANGA HOSPITAL–NYAKIBALE
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER/Medical Superintendent
Karoli Lwanga Hospital Nyakibale is a Private Not-For-Profit Institution owned by the Catholic Diocese of Kabale. The Institution incorporates both a Hospital and Nurse Training School.
It is a 180-bed mission hospital located in Rukungiri District in South-western Uganda in East Africa. The Hospital offers outpatient and inpatient services including Pediatric, medical, surgical, emergency and maternity. Over the last 57 years, the institution has evolved into a large and complex Hospital offering both General and specialized healthcare services, as well us professional trainings in Certificate and Diploma courses for Nursing and Midwifery.
Vision: A regional center of excellence in the provision of quality, accessible, and sustainable health care services while remaining faithful to the mission of the Catholic Church.
Mission: To provide health care and fight diseases based on the imitation of Christ and His deeds; to promote life to the full and to heal.
The Board of Governors of Karoli Lwanga Hospital, Nyakibale invites applications from suitably qualified candidates with strong leadership and transformational qualities to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer/Medical Superintendent.
The right candidate will be expected to provide visionary leadership to the Hospital, managing its overall operations and resources. The ideal candidate must have excellent collaborative style as well as excellent communication skills.
Reporting to the Board, the right candidate shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the Hospital.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Must be a registered Medical Practitioner holding MBCHB and a Postgraduate degree in any of the following fields: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Surgery, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine.
Advanced training in Hospital Management and Administration and short courses in organizational management, financial management and human resource development and management.
Practical experience required:
- Minimum of 1(One) year working experience as a Specialist.
- Management experience in a PNFP Hospital is an added advantage.
Medical Superintendent is responsible for overall provision of strategic leadership and management to the Hospital. Implementing hospital plans and policies and ensuring smooth functioning of the entire hospital complex.
Key result areas:
- Strategy, policy and planning
- Competitive branding of services
- Resource mobilization
- Partnership establishment
- Financing and sustainability
- Legal & Regulatory compliance
- Good governance and stability
All members of the Hospital Management team, all medical personnel in the hospital, Allied Health Professionals directly and indirectly and with specific regards for the respect of policies, norms, standards and regulations.
It is most desirable that the function of CEO/Medical Superintendent in virtue of the conflict of interests that may arise in the course of duty should be exercised by an employee free from bonds with other administrations / employers. Private Practice of the profession is not compatible with the post.
- Shall be the Chief Executive Officer of Karoli Lwanga Hospital – Nyakibale responsible for overall operations of the Hospital.
- Shall be responsible for Management team members and the overall responsibility of the management of the hospital and corporate accountability to the board of governors.
- Shall be responsible for coordinating all medical staff and Allied Health Professionals
- Shall be the spokesperson of the hospital particularly on the medical-legal issues.
- Shall retain all duties and functions of a specialist doctor in the Hospital.
- Shall be the Chairman of the Hospital Management team.
- Is the chief Professional Advisor to the BOG on all medical matters
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor or Board of Governors from time to time.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications and CV with certified copies of relevant academic qualifications, experience and proof of registration with relevant bodies to the address below:
Hospital Administrator, Karoli Lwanga Hospital – Nyakibale
P.O Box 31,
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be received not later than 15th November 2020 at 5.00pm.
Applications sent by email should be sent as a single document in PDF format with “Application for the position of CEO/Medical Superintendent” in the subject line.