skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- Did you Know that Uganda Catholic medical Bureau
• Was formed in 1934
• In 1955 was gazetted by the Colonial Government as a channel for grants – in – aid to catholic founded health facilities
• Is owned by the Catholic Bishops of Uganda under the auspices of incorporation of the Bishops’ conference as The Registered Trustees of Uganda Episcopal Conference.
• Is the technical arm (in form of a department) of Uganda Episcopal Conference (UEC) in charge of Catholic health services
• Is governed by the Health Commission of UEC on behalf of the whole conference exercising a function similar to a Board of Directors/ Governors.
• The technical focus areas include: Organizational management and development, Human resource management, Information management, Financial Management, Health Training Institution, Quality and Patient Safety, Public-Private Partnership management, Pastoral care of the Sick, AIDS Care and Treatment Management Program.
• UCMB jointly owns Joint Medical Stores with Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau
• Has thirty three (33) affiliated hospitals of which two (2) offer specialised health services of Eye care and Paediatric care.
• Has a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Uganda to provide management of health services in Kilembe Mines Hospital, which is a public health facility.
• Has over 218 health Centre III and 45 HC II affiliated which offer a wider range of services according to respective levels
• Most of the affiliated health facilities are hard to reach areas located in the former or current extremely rural areas.
• Has fifteen (15) affiliated Nursing, Midwifery and laboratory Training Schools.