The hospital started as a small private clinic for employees for Kilembe Mines Ltd in 1951. It is located in Kasese Municipality, Kasese District – Kasese Diocese. Offers General Medical/Surgical and Specialised Orthopaedic Services, also offers specialised HIV/AIDS services.
The hospital is run on Tri-partite arrangement (Joint Administrative Agreement) between the Government of Uganda, Kilembe Mines Ltd and Kasese Catholic Diocese with clear distinctions of roles for the 3 parties.
User fees account for averagely 33.5% of total Hospital annual Income, over 80% of Staff are GoU/LG staff. It has annual OPD attendance of 26,535 contacts, 12,024 Admissions with BoR of 92.3% and 2,468 average annual maternal deliveries with a C/S rate of 32.7%.